Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TEVEZ LAMENTS HOSTILE RECEPTION

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has admitted he was surprised to get a hostile reception from the Manchester United fans during Sunday's derby at Old Trafford.




Tevez spent two successful seasons with the Red Devils before crossing the city in the summer.



But the Argentine was roundly booed throughout City's 4-3 defeat at his former home ground and was thought to be the target for a missle that struck team-mate Javier Garrido as the sides left the field at half-time.



Quoted in the Daily Mail, Tevez said: "I must admit I did believe I would get a different reception from the United supporters.



"Initially everything was positive and I was greeted by my former team-mates and United staff without any problems at all.



"But as soon as I entered the field the atmosphere was very different. It was hard to take because previously I was always wanted by those people."

No comments:

Post a Comment