Thursday, September 24, 2009

Kolo Toure 'Delighted' With First Goal For Manchester City


Kolo Toure clinched Manchester City's place in the fourth round of the League Cup last night, when his injury-time goal sealed a 2-1 win over Fulham.




The Ivory Coast international was delighted to have netted his first goal since his summer move from Arsenal, but acknowledges that his main focus is on helping the Citizens keep clean sheets.



"I am delighted to score in the League Cup and open my account for Manchester City. It is a dream come true to score against a Premier League club with my new team in a cup competition," he told Sky Sports.



"My first job is to defend but if I manage to score and help my strikers, I will be very happy.



"Fulham played well, and scored an amazing goal (through Zoltan Gera), but we showed that this team has the guts to come back after going down.


"We now need to make sure that we stop conceding."


Gera had opened the scoring on 34 minutes, before Gareth Barry leveled things up in the second half from a Craig Bellamy corner. Toure then sealed City's place in the last 16 with his late effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment