Tuesday, September 22, 2009

obin's batty about goals

ROBIN VAN PERSIE believes he should be scoring more for Arsenal.


The Dutch striker, who has 40 goals in 120 appearances for the Gunners since joining in 2004 from Feyenoord, failed to find the target in Saturday's 4-0 rout of Wigan.



He said: "The way we are doing it now is that everyone is sharing the goals.



"I'm quite happy with that but I should score more personally, especially against Wigan.



"But as long as we share the goals and everyone is passing it at the right moment, I am happy.



"If one striker scores 40 or 50 goals I would rely on him. But that happens once every 10 years. I'm quite happy to share the goals.



"But I don't feel that I'm at the top of my game as a main striker yet.



"I have to improve on many things but it is quite new and the main thing is that the boss really backs me on this one.



"He really thinks I can succeed as he has a lot of trust in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment