Monday, August 17, 2009

Pedro Proud To Provide Barcelona's Winner

Barcelona's latest homegrown star is pleased with the way his campaign started...
Pedro could not hide his delight after his wonder strike gave Barcelona victory on Sunday evening in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup against Athletic Club in San Mames.

The winger looks set to become another homegrown success for the Blaugrana, as his super second half winner showed, and he was pleased that it gave the team the upper hand.

Xavi had levelled after a deflected effort put the hosts ahead and Barcelona will head into next weekend's second meeting in Camp Nou in control.

"I am pleased with the goal and that it gave the team victory," Pedro told Spanish television after the game. "I think we played well.

"I am working well thanks to my team-mates and I have had some luck and scored a goal.
"There was some fortune, but I hit the ball and I was pleased that it went in.

"This was a good result and now we have to play well in Camp Nou to win our first trophy.
"I want to stay here now and continue working and learning from these players."

No comments:

Post a Comment