Saturday, August 22, 2009

EAGLES STARS HELP OUT


Super Eagles strikers John Utaka and Ikechukwu Uche took some time off during their summer holidays to visit there SOS villages in Lagos and Aba, respectively.

Utaka, who visited three SOS villages in Lagos says his visit there is borne out of the desire to give to people who truly are in need.

Utaka presented food and cash donations to the village Director, Odesanya Matthew while promising to send the village Football Team a set of football kits and balls.

“This is just my introduction and I will continue to do this every time I come for holidays”Utaka Said.
“Now that I’ve got your contact, I will make sure I send you a complete football kit as well as balls for the team.
“I feel so honoured to be around these children and I promise to come visiting again sooner that you think.

“it made me feel sad that these children have lost their parents but they seem really happy in the village and they all have big ambitions for when they grow up.

On the other end, in Aba, the birthplace of Spain-based striker Ikechukwu Uche, continued a five year trend by visiting the Ngwa Road Motherless Babies Home, in Aba.

The soft-spoken Uche presented food and cash donations there as the appreciative children swarmed around him. This motherless home is one of all ‘Nine Homes’ the Super Eagles regularly donates to in his home town state of Aba, donations he often made in and anonymous position.
“I consider my self to be very lucky in life and where else to spend my holiday than with people who are not as fortunate as myself,” Say Uche.
“ The truth is these kids don’t have parents, so who cares? I guess we need to put ourselves in their shoe for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment