Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wenger - I'm not concerned about my legacy

Arsène Wenger says he is more worried about the success of the current Arsenal side than the way he is remembered when he eventually leaves the Club.

The manager has overseen some historic moments during his 15-year tenure in north London, from the ‘Invincibles’ of 2003/04 and the double-winning side of 1997/98 to the move from Highbury into Arsenal’s new home of Emirates Stadium. But Wenger insists he is only concerned about the here and now.

"My worry is to do as well as I can with the team and get them to play decent football so that the people who come and pay for their tickets are not bored,” he said. “[The way I am remembered] is not my concern.

“I have watched a lot of games in my life and I think we have a clear conscience. We do not try to cheat our people, we do not always manage to but we try to give them something for the money they spend.

“We always have that ambition and if we do not have that ambition to do it, we are sorry. [But] we have that ambition.”

No comments:

Post a Comment