Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger unhappy with Premier League run-in fixture schedule

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger unhappy with Premier League run-in fixture schedule

Frenchman annoyed that his side will continue to play after their title rivals for the remainder of the season but insists it does not excuse recent disappointing results

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has expressed his unhappiness with his side's end-of-season fixture list but revealed his players were simply not "good enough" in the goalless draw with Blackburn at the weekend.

Wenger's team had seen United win before kicking off at the Emirates and will again play after Sir Alex Ferguson's side next weekend, with the leaders meeting Fulham on Saturday and Arsenal playing at Blackpool a day later.

The north London side will not play again on a Saturday this season, something that Wenger could hide his displeasure about.

"There are a lot of things going on which I don't want to talk about," he said.

"I have been here for 15 years, I know how things work, I want to be completely neutral, like I have to be.

"I am not involved in any decision. I do not do the schedule. I look when do we play? It is on Sunday until the end of the season."

Despite the Arsenal manager's unhappiness, he has conceded that scheduling was no excuse for his side's limp display against Blackburn on Saturday, and insists his players must improve.

"I do not want to speak about anything else like we look for an excuse about our performance," added Wenger.

"We have not been good enough, which is the main information of the Blackburn game, and we have to worry about being better in our next game.

"I have no influence on the fixtures, the referees, not on anything else here.

"Now we want to focus on our next game and show we are good enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment