Monday, April 18, 2011

Birmingham City's Alexander Hleb: I love Arsenal & if I have a chance to go back I will

Belarus midfielder, on loan from Barcelona, admits he does not want to stay at St Andrew's and wants to join a club who "play football" at the end of the season



Alexander Hleb has revealed that he loves former club Arsenal and would like to return at the end of the season.

The playmaker is currently on loan at Birmingham City from Barcelona but his lack of form and fitness has limited him to just 11 league starts at St Andrew's.

And the Belarus international has admitted the Blues style of play has forced him to look for a summer move.

“No. I don’t stay here and I don’t want to stay,” said Hleb, according to The Daily Mirror.

“I enjoyed my time but this is not my way of football. Here you just need to fight, run and not much passing.

“This is for me something new. I will give my best for this club, but I prefer to play football."

The midfielder previously spent three seasons in England’s top flight with Arsenal before departing for Spain in 2008, and he is now eyeing a move back to north London.

The 29-year-old continued, “I would like to stay in the Premier League – and I know which club. We will speak and hopefully everything will be good.

“I love Arsenal and they are always in my heart. If I have a chance to go back then I will.

“In life everything is possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment