Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Real Madrid's Emmanuel Adebayor: Arsenal fans still love me

Real Madrid's Emmanuel Adebayor: Arsenal fans still love me
Togolese forward feels his former club's supporters still have a soft spot for him, despite his infamous celebration after scoring against

Real Madrid's Emmanuel Adebayor believes Arsenal fans are still appreciative of him, despite the relationship having appeared to have soured in recent times.

The striker made a move to Manchester City in 2009, and infamously ran the length of the pitch to taunt Gunners supporters after scoring against his former club.

But despite the incident, the Togolese forward believes that the north London club's supporters still remember him fondly.

"Today the difference between leaving Arsenal and going to Manchester is that at Arsenal the fans loved me, I think even today they love me," Adebayor told The Sun.

"When I come to Madrid I feel the same atmosphere, I feel the fans love me here as well."

Adebayor also took a swipe at City boss Roberto Mancini, insisting that his time at Eastlands became more difficult after the Italian's appointment.

The 27-year-old made a loan move to the Bernabeu in January, and has maintained that he intends to do whatever he can to seal a permanent move to ply his trade in the Spanish capital again next season.

"When I first joined Manchester City, I was very happy," he said.

"At the beginning everything started very well. I was pleased, I was playing and I was scoring goals.

"Suddenly we had a game against Arsenal and you all know what happened. From then it went downhill for me.

"It was a difficult moment for me, we changed the bosses. Mark Hughes left, Roberto Mancini came along and it was even more difficult."

No comments:

Post a Comment